Thursday, September 30, 2010

wish i were rich

Was looking through a number of lens reviews and, damn, how badly do I want the 100-400 and the 5D2 + 24-105!! Many times, when I have nothing to do, I find myself thinking about them. Think about it, it's the ultimate airshow setup. I would leave the 24-105 on the 5D2 for static displays, while the 100-400 would stay on my 450D for the flying displays. And that is really all I need. Well, it would be nice to have a 10-22 for landscape shots, but it's not my priority right now. Then when I go travelling, I would only bring the 5D2 + 24-105 because the focal length is more than enough for everyday shots.

Then a quick visit to Clubsnap's price guides brought me crashing back down into reality:

5D Mark II Kit EF 24-105mm f4L IS USM: at least $4600 T____T
EF 100-400mm f4.5-5.6L IS USM: at least $2500 ;___;

Total: $7100... D:

My dad says that if I get my scholarship renewed next year, he'll get me the 100-400. But this presents another problem. The 100-400 is a monster lens (to me, at least) and it's going to be hard work changing lenses at the airshow (yes, I'm already planning for 2012) and I'll also need to buy a camera backpack (which costs more than $100) and there's also the problem of storing the lens in the dry cabi because it is now overflowing with camera equipment (including my dad's).

And as for the 5D2... It's best not to think about it...

Labels: ,


posted at 12:54 PM

0 Comment(s) |  Post a Comment


<< Older Posts

About

I'm just a regular 17 year old who created this blog out of boredom. My primary interests are aviation and landscape photography, though I enjoy doing the occasional 'wildlife' photography at the zoo or the birdpark. Thanks for visiting!

Visit my flickr here!!

Gear

Canon EOS 450D
18-55
55-250
50 f/1.8

Wishlist

Canon EOS 5D Mark II + 24-105
100-400
10-22

A.net photo widget

Tag

Links

flickr
Airliners.net
My A.net account
My blog
Clubsnap

Archives

February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011

counter to blogspot