Went to iLight Marina Bay yesterday! Spent more than 3 hours walking the circuit and still couldn't photograph all the exhibits! And I almost missed the last bus home because there simply were too many things to photograph!
I really have to go back another day. Night photography is so fun!
So for yesterday's shoot I was experimenting with a photography technique that I call 'Custom bokeh'. Found a
tutorial on the web that seemed simple enough, but produced cool results. This is what I made:

Basically, I made a fake lens hood for my camera, and cut the shape of the bokeh I wanted right in the middle. Coupled with a wide-aperture lens, like my 50mm f/1.8, this is what I got:

Cool right? Here's another example:

My favourite place in Singapore, bokeh-ed:

Of course, I didn't forget to take focused pictures:


And here's my other bokeh design, the Haha bokeh:

Everywhere I looked, I saw lights laughing at me. As the cars drove past, all I saw were 'Haha's from their headlights. I love it!
Do visit my Facebook album for more photos!
And now for Photo of the Week #8!

Took this photo a few weeks ago, during a photography trip to the CBD. I like this photo because it captures the Maybank building from another angle, while managing to include the Maybank logo. When I'm free, I'll post more pictures from that trip.
Labels: 18-55, 50mm f/1.8, iLight marina bay, night photography, photo of the week