Thursday, November 18, 2010

my new wish

Remember a few posts back where I said I wanted a 100-400? I've been thinking about it the past few days, and reached the conclusion that I do not need such an expensive and specialised lens. Because aside from the airshow, how many times this year have I gone planespotting? A grand total of... 2 days! And I do not have high hopes for Terminal 1's viewing mall when it reopens next year... Besides, security will get suspicious when they see a kid using a big-mama lens (oh how I love that word!!)

I considered the various versions of the 70-200 and also the 70-300. The 70-200 doesn't have enough range. And for the price of the 70-300 DO IS USM, I might as well go for the 100-400. Then I thought of my 55-250, and tried to think of bad things about it. Well, there's none. Unless I'm shooting for A.net (which isn't often, as you already know), I'm actually quite pleased with the image quality of this lens.

So I thought, 'why not get a lens to replace the 18-55 kit?' The thing that I dislike most about it is the limited range. Very often I find myself restricted by the focal lengths on both ends. The first lens that came to mind was the 15-85. I've read really good reviews about it and it costs less than half of the 100-400. (Though it's still over a thousand dollars, at least I'll have money left over from my scholarship) The 15-85 range fits nicely into my shooting needs. And I don't expect to be upgrading to full frame anytime soon... Getting a full time job is still so far away.

So there you have it - my new wish: the 15-85 f/3.5-5.6 IS USM lens.

It might just come true - and it all depends on whether I manage to renew my scholarship. Sigh!

Labels:


posted at 9:03 PM

0 Comment(s) |  Post a Comment


<< Older Posts

About

I'm just a regular 17 year old who created this blog out of boredom. My primary interests are aviation and landscape photography, though I enjoy doing the occasional 'wildlife' photography at the zoo or the birdpark. Thanks for visiting!

Visit my flickr here!!

Gear

Canon EOS 450D
18-55
55-250
50 f/1.8

Wishlist

Canon EOS 5D Mark II + 24-105
100-400
10-22

A.net photo widget

Tag

Links

flickr
Airliners.net
My A.net account
My blog
Clubsnap

Archives

February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011

counter to blogspot